Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hungry?

I have never considered myself a "foodie", usually because I eat either Vegan or Vegetarian so it's usually a bit harder to find places I can order an actual entree instead of just a salad or side of vegetables.. but I have somehow become the "go-to girl" when it comes to choosing a place to eat..

The other day I had a girl ask me where do I like to eat in Los Angeles.. and gave her just a few of some of the places I've explored and tried in the city..

Figured I might as well blog a little about it.. why not give a little shout out to some of the places I frequent. All are quite cheap to slightly moderate prices... so if you go try some you shouldn't be breaking bank..


Panini Cafe
www.mypaninicafe.com

- The nicest staff.. who I have made friends with..
- Great prices.. & for FIDM & USC Students you get a 20% discount.. Which as a college student is a reason in itself to go try it out.
Menu Suggestion: Lentil Soup, with a side Pita & Hummus.



Simply Salad
www.simplysalad.com

I have been going to this place since it opened... no joke.. the week it opened.. I was there, and quickly became what I like to call "healthily-addicted". They recently just passed their 1 year anniversary and continue to get busier and busier.. Go and try it before they blow up and become a huge chain! :)
The guys who work there are a fun group of guys, who I frequently chat it up with while ordering my delicious salad, soup, or order of freshly made hummus.

Menu Suggestion: Downtown Cobb, or the Hipster.. My personal favorite dressing though is the Chipotle Dressing..
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SimplySalad (You should like them..)

Bottega Louie
www.bottegalouie.com
I love this place for the "French-Style" coffee and menu..
It's a very "popular" place, but I just happened to stumble upon it.. not go there for the hype..
The food is delicious, and though I don't personally eat too many of them.. the desserts are phenomenal.. or so I constantly hear.. 

The interior is beautiful.. but the noise level can get quite loud, especially when they are slammed with business.. Which is quite often.. So if you are looking for quiet and intimate.. this might not be the place.. but it is a great time..
Menu Suggestion: Breakfast order of Potatoes



El Cholo
www.elcholo.com

I can't even lie.. I laughed a little when I first heard the name.. but it's known around Los Angeles for it's delicious Mexican food..
It has some great fresh chips and salsa, guacamole, and margaritas.
Has a great selection from tacos, burritos, to enchiladas..
Menu suggestion: Chips & Guacamole

Yard House
www.yardhouse.com
Now I think this is the most "chain" eatery I have mentioned... but I had never even heard about it until I moved to Los Angeles.. The one I frequent is in L.A. Live.. though I don't enjoy the middle-aged men hitting on me.. I do enjoy the long list of vegetarian options.. Even though it is a "sports-bar" it has one of the biggest vegetarian entree and meal selections I have encountered from a "non-vegetarian" place.. Though it's not vegan, I will not complain.. The food looks sometimes so real.. I get a little nervous for the first bite..thinking it might be actual meat.. but so far no mistakes! :) They also have a "cute drink" - I want to say it's their raspberry cider.. It's pink. Try it. For all you guys.. that are too manly and macho for that.. it's a sports bar, they have a good selection of imported beers to give a try..
Menu Suggestion: Chickenless Chicken Fingers

Well I have more clothes to dig through, homework to own, and cleaning to attempt..
I'm sure I'll do another post soon with some other places to try.. I have plenty more..

No comments:

Post a Comment