Thursday, October 20, 2011

Humanity.

I have been a little MIA the past few days.. 
I am kind of excited because I actually missed blogging a little...
& because I am the nerd that I am I started jotting down different things I can blog about..
 


I am actually on a short break from class.. The past few days have been a blurrrrr... Literally just ran around like a dog on crack.. I don't know what that actually looks like.. but I feel like it suffices for the situation...

Random, Random Thought of the Day...

Have been reading about, watching, and seeing posts about the little Chinese girl who was ran over and no one helped her, the dog who pulled the dog who was hit by a car off the highway, the brutal beatings from Occupy Wallstreet and the Exposition... 
But it hit me.... Why do humans care so little about other humans...
It literally leaves my jaw dropped and unbelievably baffled how cruel some humans can be to others...
Verbally, Physically, Financially, and Emotionally..
People are more prone to get emotional over a inhumane treatment of animals commercial than a homeless man or woman on the street...
I can't lie and say that I haven't ignored a homeless person on the street.. (They are more frequent than Starbucks out here in LA..) Small girl, slightly crazy men... I try not to put myself in too many unsafe, unnecessary situations..
But I can also say I have given out some money over the years as well.. Honestly.. if someone has the right energy.. I am down to lend a few bucks to someone, who needs it more than I do.. I am extremely blessed to have everything I do.. and it won't kill me to give a person a few bucks instead of getting a latte one day out of the week.. But when some yell at me and act entitled to me giving them money, that's when I say no thanks..


So... Enough of that tangent.. but what makes us so selfish? So uncaring? Or.. Inconsiderate?


& How do we do something to change it?



Until later...


<333
N






Do something good to someone else.. it comes back around.. and gives on to others..
[Karma]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natasha, I am your Chinese friend gynsolomon on twitter.Actually my name is Ya'nan Guo. I see that you mention the Chinese little girl who was ran over by two vehicles and ignored by 18 passers-by this week, as Chinese I decide to write down this comment.
    You might not believe that during the whole week, I have also been being at blue after hearing about the tragedy. Beside this, I feel sooo shameful about what those Chinese did to the little girl. How can they hurt her and left the helpless child alone on the street?!
    This week, there are heated discussions on many Chinese internet forums about what on earth the wrong is with our society. Among us, most people think the Chinese government attached too much importance to economic development in the past few years and indeed do little work on protecting justice and morality, which are more important for our human beings.
    You know what? About 5 years ago, there was a case just the same like this in Nanjing,China. A young man pulled up an old woman who fell down to the ground after being hit by a motorcycle, and he sent her to the hospital. Instead of receiving many thanks, this kind-hearted person was framed to be the perpetrator of the traffic accident by the old woman. When they came to the local court, the judge incredibly gave out a decision that the young man must pay the old woman ¥50,000 yuan, with his famous words "according to the common sense, you were not supposed to pull her up if you were not the perpetrator". God damn his "common sense"!! After this, many Chinese become afraid of helping strangers. This might be part of the reasons of the recent little girl's case. However, with this scare in my mind too, I still can't forgive what they did. She is a little girl! She is not able to frame any of them up!
    In a word, something need to be changed in China, and we can't go on standing our society staying in such an indifferent situation.
    God bless the little girl, and may her feel full of love at heaven. In addtion, I think we needn't to worry about humanity. We Chinese have a proverb that says "when born to the earth, one is kind". We will turn good. So, cheer up ^_^

    ReplyDelete